fbpx

Videos stop midway through

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Admin
    Keymaster

Hi thanks for letting us know we’ve been checking what the issue maybe, it’s is caused by your internet connection and really the width and speed of it, the best thing to try is to go to the tutorial you want to follow and on the video display window you will find a cog image in the bottom right hand side, click this and a small list of Quality settings will appear (i.e. 360, 720 etc) click on a lower number than you have been watching and view the tutorial again….hope this helps and thanks for your support Andrew

Admin
    Keymaster

Hi it was ‘Shadows of the Day’…hope you enjoyed it!

Admin
    Keymaster

Hi thanks for letting us know we’ve been checking what the issue maybe, it’s is caused by your internet connection and really the width and speed of it, the best thing to try is to go to the tutorial you want to follow and on the video display window you will find a cog image in the bottom right hand side, click this and a small list of Quality settings will appear (i.e. 360, 720 etc) click on a lower number than you have been watching and view the tutorial again….hope this helps and thanks for your support Andrew

jhennard
    Participant

Bridge over calm waters ends in the middle of a sentence. Ends. Is that normal?

raineysch
    Participant

I have an iPad an To Bee or not to Bee stops almost in the beginning. If this is going to happen with all of them I am going to cancel my subscription. I have read that many other are having the same problems!has anyone gotten anywhere with customer service?

cburtt
    Participant

I’m having trouble just loading the website on the ipad. I couldn’t even pull up a video today to change the resolution, but I can do YouTube videos still. I hope your web person can look into this further. Thank you so much.

nancymelching
    Participant

Raineysch, did you try lowering the quality? That worked for me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi thanks for letting us know, will look into it today and get back asap take care Andy

cburtt
    Participant

Hi Andy, this was happening to me on the ipad, so I changed over to a smaller Android tablet and I changed the speed twice …as low as it would go. It’s sort of better but not perfect as it still stops now and then. Are you still working on this issue? I paid for a whole year of classes and loved the YouTube videos ( they never stopped). Please advise. Thank you so much!!

Admin
    Keymaster

Hi Cindy, sorry to hear there’s still a problem, yes we are looking into to this, could you tell me more about what happens, l understand that the tutorials, l presume all? Stop around half way? Does the screen go blank?and can you not get back on site?…all info will help us get the issue sorted properly. Real sorry and l appreciate that is frustrating especially as you are a great supporter of me
    Will get back asap!
    Take care
    Andrew

Admin
    Keymaster

Hi Cindy, sorry to hear there’s still a problem, yes we are looking into to this, could you tell me more about what happens, l understand that the tutorials, l presume all? Stop around half way? Does the screen go blank?and can you not get back on site?…all info will help us get the issue sorted properly. Real sorry and l appreciate that is frustrating especially as you are a great supporter of me
    Will get back asap!
    Take care
    Andrew

Admin
    Keymaster

Internet common problems and ways to try an fix them

1. Slow speed or buffering
    Jerky video playback or slow buffering can ruin the enjoyment. But you don’t have to put up with video streaming problems – there are plenty of solutions to try.
    Below, we explain some of the top ways to solve common video streaming issues, plus things to look out for that could be causing your slowdown.

If you’re paying for these speeds, then it’s worth checking that you are indeed getting them. We recommend testing your internet connection speed using our free speed checker tool. If you’re not getting the speeds you should be, there are some fixes you can attempt. If all else fails, it’s worth complaining to your internet service provider.

• Test your internet speed – use our free speed checker tool
    • Simple tips for fixing slow broadband – try these fixes for a speed boost
    • Complain to your broadband provider – use our free complaints tool

2. Who else is online?
    • Video streaming can suffer if you have a lot of people on your home connection all using the internet at once. If you’re trying to watch iPlayer on your TV screen while your other half is busily downloading files and your kids are playing online games on their tablets, some slowdown is inevitable.
    • If this situation sounds common for your household, you could risk a fallout by getting others to put their devices down for a bit. It may be better to look into upgrading your internet account to a higher speed one, or a fibre connection if it’s available in your area. Read our reviews of the best broadband providers.
    3. Swap browsers or use apps
    • If you’re watching BBC iPlayer, Netflix, or similar in a web browser and encountering problems, then it can help to swap browsers or use a dedicated app.
    • For instance, if you’r finding that playback is jerky within Internet Explorer, give it a go in Chrome or Firefox to see if this improves things.
    • Keep your browser up to date
    • Make sure your browser is up-to-date, too – head to the settings menu and check for any updates, then install them and restart your browser.
    • Watch out for extensions
    • Browser extensions can create slowdown on web pages, including for video streaming services. For instance, if you use an ad blocking extension, try disabling it then reloading your browser to see if this makes your video streaming improves.
    • Use a streaming app
    • Video streaming can work more smoothly within an app than it may in a browser. For tablets and smartphones, it’s always best to use the dedicated iPlayer, Netflix or Amazon Prime apps. You can install these apps for Windows 10 PCs, too, using the Windows app store.

4. Let your video buffer
    For a simple fix, pause your video playback and let the buffering make some progress before you click ‘play’ again. For instance, in YouTube, press pause so that the red line stops moving forward. Watch to check that the grey line keeps moving. When it’s made some progress, press play again to see if this improves the playback.

5. Drop the video quality
    High definition video is a joy to any of us who lived through the scratchy old VHS days (or earlier!), but it puts a heavy load on our internet connection. If you’re finding that your video streaming is too jerky when playing back in HD, head to the settings and take it down a notch.
    This doesn’t have to mean putting up with pixellated visuals – for instance, in YouTube, you can drop the quality from 1080p HD (maximum) to 720p HD, a lower form of HD that still looks sharp.

6. Check for viruses
    A virus on your computer can cause serious slowdown, especially if it’s sending information to the internet, or using your computer as a base to spread itself further. Jerky video could be symptomatic of a virus infection.
    Conduct a thorough scan of your computer using antivirus software to make sure there’s nothing creating mischief on your device.

How to Stop Video Buffering Problems
    1 Step 1: Cut Down on Background Downloads. One of the most important resources for streaming video is bandwidth. …
    2 Step 2: Create a Larger Buffer. …
    3 Step 3: Select Access Time. …
    4 Step 4: Check Internet Speed. …
    5 Step 5: Alter Buffering Options in Media Players.

How can I speed up my wifi?

1 Use the Latest Wi-Fi Technologies. …
    2 Find the Perfect Spot for Your Router. …
    3 Find the Right Wireless Channel. …
    4 Get Rid of Interference from Other Appliances. …
    5 Thwart Wi-Fi Thieves with Better Security. …
    6 Control Bandwidth-Hogging Applications. …
    7 Increase Your Wi-Fi Range with DIY Tricks.
    Hi. Has anyone recently upgraded their iPad to 11.0.2? I have, and am having lots of problems viewing the tutorial videos. They run ok for the first few minutes then seem to get stuck in a loop repeating the same few seconds over and over before either moving ahead or blacking out altogether. Just seems to be the tutorial videos. You tube etc are ok. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem. I have tried accessing the website with various browsers including Chrome, with no success.
    Sue

Hi Sue, I am not aware of any other members having this issue with the new update and I have updated my iPad to 11.0.2 and don’t seem to have a problem with playback. Maybe try deleting your History to see if that makes any difference.

Hi everyone. Have you downloaded the Video Speed Controller app for Chrome? You can use this to control the video when you are playing it and this can help with playback problems. You can use it to rewind, pause etc. You can find it in Chrome/More Tools/Extensions. Hope this helps

Admin
    Keymaster

Here are a few ways to eat the internet speed that you have:

https://broadbandtest.which.co.uk/

Speed up slow internet

A slow broadband connection can be a misery. You could end up paying every month for broadband speeds that you’ll never be able to fully enjoy.

If you’re regularly frustrated by your slow connection then read our top tips to help speed things up.

Improve your wi-fi signal

If you’ve got more than one phone socket in your house, if possible connect your broadband router or ADSL modem to the primary telephone socket (the one that your external phone line connects to directly).

Aim for the most direct line of sight possible between your router and your computer. Wireless broadband signals deteriorate if there are ‘blocks’ in the way such as walls or furniture. If you use a wireless connection, you could increase your broadband speed by minimizing the number of blocks between the wireless router and your PC or laptop.

Switch provider for better broadband speeds

When it comes to broadband speed, all providers are not created equal. If you’re unhappy with your current provider’s speed, swapping to another could help – read our reviews of the best broadband providers.

Watch your broadband router distance

Even if there are no blocks in the way, moving your PC or laptop closer to the router may improve your broadband speed if you use a wireless connection.

If you connect the router or modem directly to a computer with a cable, use the shortest cables you can. Ethernet cables will be more efficient than USB cables.

Secure your wi-fi to improve broadband speed

If your wireless broadband network isn’t secure, people in the local area may be logging on to it and sharing your broadband connection. This will decrease your own broadband speeds.

It’s important to set a secure password, so that only people who know the password can access your broadband connection.

Update your online browser

Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and all other popular browsers undergo frequent updates.

Make sure you’re up-to-date with the latest versions of your preferred browsers – outdated versions might mean slower download speeds.

Clear your cache and history

Every time you access a web page through your browser, the browser stores or ‘caches’ it. Periodically clearing out your browser’s cache will help it to function more efficiently.

There’s a slightly different means for clearing your cache and browsing history, depending on which web browser you use (for instance, Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari).

See our guide on How to delete your browser history and cache

Avoid peak web hours for faster broadband speeds

More people access the internet at certain times of day than at others.

Peak internet times include when North America wakes up. If you can avoid going online at these busy times, you’ll find you experience a faster broadband speed. Evenings tend to be more congested than during the day or night.

Change your router to boost broadband speed

Upgrading your wireless broadband router could make a difference to the speed of your broadband connection, especially if your current router is a few years old.

As a smaller fix, you could also try replacing the router’s aerial – the longer the aerial, the better the signal and the further its reach.

Admin
    Keymaster

Here are a few ways to test the internet speed that you have:

https://broadbandtest.which.co.uk/

Speed up slow internet

A slow broadband connection can be a misery. You could end up paying every month for broadband speeds that you’ll never be able to fully enjoy.

If you’re regularly frustrated by your slow connection then read our top tips to help speed things up.

Improve your wi-fi signal

If you’ve got more than one phone socket in your house, if possible connect your broadband router or ADSL modem to the primary telephone socket (the one that your external phone line connects to directly).

Aim for the most direct line of sight possible between your router and your computer. Wireless broadband signals deteriorate if there are ‘blocks’ in the way such as walls or furniture. If you use a wireless connection, you could increase your broadband speed by minimizing the number of blocks between the wireless router and your PC or laptop.

Switch provider for better broadband speeds

When it comes to broadband speed, all providers are not created equal. If you’re unhappy with your current provider’s speed, swapping to another could help – read our reviews of the best broadband providers.

Watch your broadband router distance

Even if there are no blocks in the way, moving your PC or laptop closer to the router may improve your broadband speed if you use a wireless connection.

If you connect the router or modem directly to a computer with a cable, use the shortest cables you can. Ethernet cables will be more efficient than USB cables.

Secure your wi-fi to improve broadband speed

If your wireless broadband network isn’t secure, people in the local area may be logging on to it and sharing your broadband connection. This will decrease your own broadband speeds.

It’s important to set a secure password, so that only people who know the password can access your broadband connection.

Update your online browser

Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and all other popular browsers undergo frequent updates.

Make sure you’re up-to-date with the latest versions of your preferred browsers – outdated versions might mean slower download speeds.

Clear your cache and history

Every time you access a web page through your browser, the browser stores or ‘caches’ it. Periodically clearing out your browser’s cache will help it to function more efficiently.

There’s a slightly different means for clearing your cache and browsing history, depending on which web browser you use (for instance, Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari).

See our guide on How to delete your browser history and cache

Avoid peak web hours for faster broadband speeds

More people access the internet at certain times of day than at others.

Peak internet times include when North America wakes up. If you can avoid going online at these busy times, you’ll find you experience a faster broadband speed. Evenings tend to be more congested than during the day or night.

Change your router to boost broadband speed

Upgrading your wireless broadband router could make a difference to the speed of your broadband connection, especially if your current router is a few years old.

As a smaller fix, you could also try replacing the router’s aerial – the longer the aerial, the better the signal and the further its reach.

cburtt
    Participant

Hi Andy, the tutorials just appear to stop or freeze. They were worse on the ipad 🙁
    Everything is fine when I stream from Youtube or other sites. Nothing on my end changed with my internet service or location. I hope your internet person might be able to come up with a fix. I have the quality set to the lowest now! It’s just hard when you are trying to do a painting and the video freezes– as you know– timing is everything. Thanks for your help 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Loose Watercolours All Rights Reserved.