fbpx

Videos stop midway through

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    nancymelching
    Participant

I’ve watched 3 tutorials so far, including the free one, and all of them have just stopped and the screen became dark about halfway through. I watch on my iPad. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

Joe Reynolds
    Participant

Hey Nancy,

I don’t seem to have the same problem, how’s your internet speed?

Bottom right hand corner of the video you’ll find a cog icon, clicking that you can reduce the quality of the video which would take less bandwidth and therefore play better on slower internet connections…

Give it a try, I use the same cog to speed up the tutorial slightly 😂

Joey

glward6494
    Participant

I have the same problem losing video stream after just a few minutes each time. I use an iPad and do not experience this with YouTube or Patreon.

Joe Reynolds
    Participant

Specifically which tutorials have you tried? Maybe it’s something Andrew can have a look through

glward6494
    Participant

Joe,

Your suggestion about reducing quality from 720 to 540 solved my problem. I was able to watch tutorial through with no problem.

Thanks

nancymelching
    Participant

Joe, It happened with the free tutorial, the seagull, and the cat.

jen.shaw
    Participant

My tutorial is doing the same thing. Stops suddenly and the screen goes black. I am using an iPad.

Chris C
    Participant

Same problem with iPad. iPhone no problem

millimry
    Participant

I had this problem also on my IPad. I had to reload then was able to forward to the point of freeze then I was fine. Can’t remember the name of this one but it was a rather dramatic one flowers and a teapot in front of a window.

shlyd
    Participant

I use an iPad and sometimes experience the same problem — not always. I tried streaming it on my Apple TV and again only sometimes experienced that problem. Mine is an iPad mini, an older version could be the reason for not a great reception.

cburtt
    Participant

Yes! I am watching on an ipad and have the same exact problem. It didn’t do that on Youtube! I’m also find things are loading very slowly on the new site. I hope Andy can fix it because it’s a little frustrating. The site is beautiful, but I wonder if it has to do with his server. There’s quite a bit of information on his site. Anyway, it’s beautiful– just wish it were faster and the tutorials didn’t stop! Cheers all!

nancymelching
    Participant

Today I started watching the Two bee or not to bee tutorial and it stopped and went blank right away. So I adjusted the quality down as suggested by someone else and it worked fine.

jhennard
    Participant

I just had the same thing happen to me while watching Bridge over calm waters. Not the first time. It’s happened with others as well.

Admin
    Keymaster

Hi thanks for letting us know we’ve been checking what the issue maybe, it’s is caused by your internet connection and really the width and speed of it, the best thing to try is to go to the tutorial you want to follow and on the video display window you will find a cog image in the bottom right hand side, click this and a small list of Quality settings will appear (i.e. 360, 720 etc) click on a lower number than you have been watching and view the tutorial again….hope this helps and thanks for your support Andrew

Admin
    Keymaster

Hi thanks for letting us know we’ve been checking what the issue maybe, it’s is caused by your internet connection and really the width and speed of it, the best thing to try is to go to the tutorial you want to follow and on the video display window you will find a cog image in the bottom right hand side, click this and a small list of Quality settings will appear (i.e. 360, 720 etc) click on a lower number than you have been watching and view the tutorial again….hope this helps and thanks for your support Andrew

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Loose Watercolours All Rights Reserved.