A little walk along a quite street in my home town revealed a beautiful doorway that needed to be...
Be inspired every time your journey, take a sketchbook a nice one to make it special, take photos from...
When it comes to making decisions these guys can’t quite decide…. Be decisive in your painting, it helps
We have a great new tutorial arrived in our Sketchbook Challenge section! Meet ‘Maggie’ a cute little puppy sent...
Dinner at Eight A quick idea turned in to a joy, limited pallet of Lemon Yellow, Royal Blue Indian...
The Red Door at Christmas time invites us in The glow allows us to gain warmth from the cold...
I’ve never been to this part of your website. What size sketchbook do you recommend, Andy? I’m preparing for our trip to Paris in December 2019
Hi Susan, your most welcome))…A feature things for traveling with your painting kit
1) I use an A5 size sketchbook easier to travel with, get one with a solid thick cover (great as a leaning board) and spiral bound (so you don’t have to crease the pages when you turn them over)
2) Pans are useful for painting on location either pre bought colour or I have empty wells and just fill them with my favourite colours (arts shops online or eBay)
3) Brushes …The Loose Gang of course!
4) Easel, I use a Loxley Devon Metal Sketching Easel around £40 they are great because they can hold the board flat
5) A3 drawing board with a bulldog clip or two
6) Fold away water container easy to transport
7) You will need to put your paint in the hold on the plane so put them in several plastic bags as the pressure can make them brake and leak.
8)…Have fun and be daring with your subjects and stand in the middle of the street….be brave!
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Drop the loose gang an email
©2020 Loose Watercolours All Rights Reserved.