Evening Sunlight Sketchbook Challenge Feb 2019Admin,
Sketchbook Challenge ‘Coast’ has given us a great chance to get to the ocean! Dive in guy’s and let’s...
Loose Beginners ‘Square Florals’Admin,
We have a great new beginners tutorial arrive in the Academy! ‘Square Florals’ take you on a simple ,...
Feast of FloraAdmin,
A swirl of blooms is a feast of Flora! Quite often a painting start off with a simple motif...
So this last painting of the last day of 2017 Enjoy every moment …and love your time!
Natures Garden was our latest ‘Live Broadcast’ just drop by the Past Tutorials section to enjoy it again. Your...
Magnolia Spring TutorialAdmin,
Our Latest Springtime Tutorial has arrived! ‘Magnolia Spring’ Time to get Loose in your Spring time!
I’ve never been to this part of your website. What size sketchbook do you recommend, Andy? I’m preparing for our trip to Paris in December 2019
Hi Susan, your most welcome))…A feature things for traveling with your painting kit
1) I use an A5 size sketchbook easier to travel with, get one with a solid thick cover (great as a leaning board) and spiral bound (so you don’t have to crease the pages when you turn them over)
2) Pans are useful for painting on location either pre bought colour or I have empty wells and just fill them with my favourite colours (arts shops online or eBay)
3) Brushes …The Loose Gang of course!
4) Easel, I use a Loxley Devon Metal Sketching Easel around £40 they are great because they can hold the board flat
5) A3 drawing board with a bulldog clip or two
6) Fold away water container easy to transport
7) You will need to put your paint in the hold on the plane so put them in several plastic bags as the pressure can make them brake and leak.
8)…Have fun and be daring with your subjects and stand in the middle of the street….be brave!