fbpx

Muddy Colours

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    apj.dunstan
    Participant

I just completed my first tutorial. It was the Tumbling Tulips one. I will try it again in a couple of days. One problem I had was my colours seem to get muddy looking. Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing that? I am not mixing my paints before I apply them but I was wondering if I might have the paper too wet.

kathleenbakker9
    Participant

I tried to do the dragonfly and it was just a mess of colours
    I can’t follow the tutorial properly Surely we must wait for it to dry a bit or not .?
    My first try and a diaster

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Kathleen, don’t worry when you begin it a learning curve for everyone, to stop muddy colours just drop the colour in to the area you are working on and don’t move your brush on the paper to much, this is what causes muddy colours, and also leave a little gap between the areas you r are painting then just tap them together this will retain the colours in these 2 or 3 areas before your let them merge…hope this helps Take care Andrew

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Kathleen, don’t worry when you begin it a learning curve for everyone, to stop muddy colours just drop the colour in to the area you are working on and don’t move your brush on the paper to much, this is what causes muddy colours, and also leave a little gap between the areas you r are painting then just tap them together this will retain the colours in these 2 or 3 areas before your let them merge…hope this helps Take care Andrew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Loose Watercolours All Rights Reserved.